Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Let Freedom Ring

And What I Think About It...



American flag

Today's the 4th of July, a celebration of the freedom that America enjoys. Millions of brave Americans have shed their blood to guarantee my freedom.

In these days, it's considered poor taste to express American patriotism without adding "but" and a list of criticisms. (As in, "I love America but...")

Here's what I have to say: I am very grateful that I was born an American . I love my country. I am proud to be an American. Long may our beautiful flag fly over the land of the brave and the home of the free. May God continue to bless America, I pray.


American and other flags
Clockwise: US flag, POW-MIA flag, Kentucky flag, Screaming Eagles (101st Airborne) flag

These photos were taken at the Fort Campbell Memorial Park ("Gander Park") in Hopkinsville.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gene:
It's so nice to see you post our flag and pay fond tribute to so many soldiers, gone.
Our flag is right out front, evey day, for every one of them & us.

Happy Holiday, KennethF
ps: Just returned from our family get- together on the other side of the big city.

Genevieve Netz said...

Kenneth, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend the 4th. We had family visitors over the weekend and the holiday. It was nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.