Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tomatoes Someday...

The Rural Life... More About Trees and Plants... My Various Hobbies...



Tomatoes

These little pear tomatoes will be showing some color soon ... I hope! That's my cage of leaf compost behind them. This vine is huge! It's sprawling everywhere and it's loaded with little green tomatoes.

This is my entry in Dr. Charles' Tomato Exhibition. Entrants so far are posted here. Thanks to Sarabeth for posting the link.

Dill

Dill, zinnias, and marigold are in the foreground. In the background, cucumbers are growing up and out onto their wooden pallet trellis. I've left lots of blank area for them to spread into.

My garden is really late this year! Lots of people are already eating tomatoes, zucchini, beans, and more from their gardens.

Fortunately, Kentucky has a long growing season, so we'll still enjoy some produce from our own garden this summer -- just a little later than usual.

Right now, the only thing I'm harvesting is some bouquets of zinnias.

Related posts:
My Vegetable Garden
A Composter but not an Organic Gardener

Technorati tags:





1 comment:

heelers said...

Just wandered by. Enjoyed what I saw. The spammers are insufferable. Loved your recent accounts of ranch life.
How I needed your writings this weekend just to relax.
Dankeschon, James

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.