Friday, January 11, 2008

A Free Weekend

Two days off in a row!



The Christmas season is just about over and done with. At work, the after-Christmas returns are slacking off, and only a few odds and ends of Christmas merchandise still remain Jumping for joyto be sold.

Here's proof that the retail season is changing. For the first time since before Thanksgiving, I have two days off in a row -- this weekend!

I could make an impossible list of chores to do over the weekend, but I think I'll spare myself the unnecessary guilt. The only thing I must do is pay a few bills and get them in the mail.

When I get that done, I'm going to focus on important things -- enjoying Keely and Taurus when they come to visit tomorrow, fixing a family meal or two, going to church Sunday morning, and taking a long nap on Sunday afternoon.

The only thing wrong with this weekend is that it just has two days!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.