Sunday, July 26, 2015

Homeward Bound

Learning to work



Two nights in a row last week as I drove home, I followed this tractor pulling two trailers of square bales with a row of boys on top. The boys were enjoying the ride and a bit of rest before the job of unloading and restacking the bales. I am sure they were ready for their suppers and beds both nights.

I took this photo through my car's windshield. I was driving so slowly behind that load of hay that it wasn't dangerous to get a few photos. I had plenty of time to imagine the lurching and swaying of the trailer, the feel and smell of the hay, and the itch of hay splinters inside clothing.

4 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Goodness, it's good to see you posting again! You have been missed!

I love this photo! I just closed my eyes imagined what it must have been like on top of all that hay. The old ways, although hard, have a gentleness of life that is not usually found in our modern times anymore.

Looking forward to more posts. I always love reading about the adventures you have.

Wishing you a day filled with many blessings. :)

Genevieve Netz said...

Thanks, Stitchy. I finally finished that project that I drug on with for a couple of years. I am hoping I might get interested in blogging again.

Collagemama said...

I can smell the hay! Thanks.

Elaine said...

I was worried when you were MIA for so long! This reminds me that I haven't posted for some time, myself....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.